Author(s): John Barwick & Lauren O'Brien
- Geography Now looks at global issues explained in an Australian context.
- Students are introduced to a range of geographical concepts, each of which has contributed in some way to shape the human and natural world.
- Related content in Civics and Citizenship and Economics and Business is included
- Information is presented in both textual and visual form.
- This enables learners to fully appreciate the information and gives insights into the interactions between people and their environment.
- The stimulus texts include information reports, tables, maps, illustrations, photographs, breakout boxes and lists.
- Students respond to each text in a wide variety of ways.
- A mix of factual and inferential responses encourages students to relate the content to their own lives and communities, and to analyse what they have learnt.